With the release of ChatGPT having free and open access to the public, spammers are coming out of the woodwork and Google is on high alert. According to the New York Times, Alphabet’s Google distributed a code-red memo over the concern that AI-generated content could displace their search algorithm. I’m skeptical that this will happen. Google is a vast organization with abundant resources and some of the best engineers in the world. However, it’s important to ideate through future changes and adjust your digital marketing strategy accordingly.
Search Engine Spam Detection
AI content detectors already exist. So, expect that Google, Bing, and others will upgrade their search engine algorithms to get better at detection, too. In response, coders and engineers will make content creation engines like ChatGPT better. Machine learning algorithms will improve, and it won’t be long before you can’t tell the difference between human and machine-generated content.
Many engineers will feel a social responsibility to reduce spam, and they will incorporate patterns into the content that these algorithms generate. These patterns will function as a fingerprint that tells Google and other bots that a machine produced the content. At the other end of this, industries will burgeon where the mission is to take AI content and spin it so that it’s harder to detect.
The Future of AI-Generated Content is Human Customization
We use AI today to improve quality and optimize processes. This isn’t going to change anytime soon. With AI, we’ll be able to produce content faster and more efficiently, but humans will still play a role for some time. Think of AI-generated content as an outline to spur creativity in human editors. If you’re in the content-creation industry, then figure out how you can elevate machine-written content and you’ll be ahead of the curve. Ultimately, many people will churn out content using the same exact algorithms. Your human touch is the pinch of salt that you can use to make the recipe even more consumable.
How AI Will Improve the Content Creation Process
AI-generated content has many benefits. Some potential ways that it could impact digital marketing and the way we execute content strategy include:
- Increased efficiency: You can produce AI-generated content quickly and at scale. Consequently, this could enable you to produce a larger volume of content in less time.
- Improved personalization: AI can analyze customer data and tailor content to specific audience segments. As a result, this high-conversion content will improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Enhanced creativity: AI algorithms can analyze trends and patterns in data to generate ideas for new content, which could help marketers come up with more creative and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Greater accuracy: AI algorithms can analyze data and make predictions about consumer behavior, which could help marketers better target their campaigns and reach their desired audience.
- Reduced costs: Because you can generate AI content rapidly, you can cut costs compared to traditional methods. This could increase margins for companies that utilize this content.
What’s Next for AI-Generated Content?
Expect that Google will respond quickly to the outputs of ChatGPT and other AI content engines. This will set off a chain reaction and the outcome will be that this content will only get better. Start utilizing the platform now, and think through the potential outcomes. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a content creator, or a digital marketer, AI-generated content will affect you. It will be an integral part of your process soon if it isn’t already.
Read 11 expert tips on how machine generated content will transform digital marketing.